The Gift Guide
I think a lot of men struggle with getting the appropriate, useful, appreciated gift for the women in their lives. From personal experiences and observations, I think we can use some help with hints.
- Magazine subscriptions are always heart-warming. Women love magazines & imagine a monthly gift from you to her, she will truly thank you. Check the magazine she normally buys/reads. Subscriptions are cheap & for 12 months every month, your gift will be delivered to her.
- Perfume, I believe once a woman has chosen her scent she sticks to it, so if you know it then buy it for her & she will love you for it, promise
- Books. Unless she is not into reading of which most women are, a gift card to a book store or book that relates to things & topics she loves is great. I know I would love one.
- A weekend away. Even it’s to the next town will be appreciated. Be creative & listen to what her interests are. Time away together will be much appreciated.
- Tickets to fashion week/her favourite musician/live shoe etc. For me this is the most important rule of all, the gift should be something she will love otherwise it will be returned or re-gifted.
- If you are going for clothes, look in her closet & what she normally likes to wear & buy. If it’s something she already owns, top that with the latest design, colour or cut, she will appreciate that you know her style & taste. NB: Just because she shops at Mr Price, doesn’t mean you have to go there too. Try the same look from Zara or Topshop (don’t hog the Randela’s).
- If you are really finding it difficult to choose a gift, then take her to her to the mall & ask to choose what she wants. This way she gets her hearts desires & it’s all from you. State the budget if you must, but if she ain’t no Gold-digger, she will know what you can afford & take that into consideration; otherwise buy her KFC if she acts mad & starts digging for Gold.
I hope this helps you make your lady happy this festive season & for many other occasions. Remember, don’t wait for an occasion, the best gifts are the spontaneous one’s.